Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Orange peel pickle

I remember fondly the lemon peel pickle in Nepal with daalbhaat.  I've found good lime pickles here in the states.  And now I have created a truly excellent relish.  Some pictures:


Ingredients, prep, chop.


Cookin' it up.


A label for the jar...


Close up on the oh-so-clever label.

I wasn't planning on adding raisins, but tasting the jus while cooking it up, the stainless steel spoon nearly melted.  Okay, just kidding, but it was incredibly spicy, so I decided to dilute.  Had some with a salad dinner, went to lie down afterwards, and visions of Krishna danced in my head as I dozed a bit.  Woke refreshed, and ready to post.

The ingredients read 'natural (not motor) oil' for a reason.  Some of the best pickles I've found - the ones from India - read 'edible oil' in their ingredients.  Just in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

  1. this jar may be a year's supply, so you'll likely get a chance to try some. although, i had some with lunch, and my gait is vigorous today...maybe i'll have to make some more before the year is out.

    ReplyDelete